.

.
"We have more possibilities in each moment than we realize.Choose to step forward and make your dream a reality" - B.Bakken

Sunday 13 December 2015

What im wearing: 1930s inspired dress

On Friday evening I attended a lovely evening reception with a Christmas theme. It was a really lovely vibe and atmosphere and got me really excited for the next few weeks.
 
Ive never been to a Winter wedding before so I didn't know what to wear. I didnt want to go full length or too formal but I also wanted a little warmth. Therefore I went with this 1930s inspired dress with a small fur bolero and barely there gold sandals. I kept my make-up very minimal and didn't wear any black on my eyes (only black mascara) as I wanted a bold lip.
 
 
Here are a few ideas that ive found for Winter weddings
 
 
River Island
 
I really like the colour and style of the first option. I detail on the back helps balance out the plain on the front. I think the models shoes are perfect with this look as they are not too much. Personally I would add a diamante belt around the middle just to add a bit of sparkle and shape to the waist. I would go with a diamante clutch with drop earrings and my hair up in a vintage do
 
 
Asos
 
The second option works for me because of the detailing and the mesh sleeves. Although it is short, the long sleeves keep this dress looking 'warm'. The detailing is beautiful and teamed with dainty black heels and a black clutch, would be a great wedding time look. Again I really like the hair on the model as the dress is busy enough, that an updo doesn't add anymore distraction to the look

 x

No comments:

Post a Comment