.

.
"We have more possibilities in each moment than we realize.Choose to step forward and make your dream a reality" - B.Bakken

Tuesday 11 February 2014

My Healthy Options : Natural Ingredients

 . . Hi everyone . .Its been a few days since ive last updated my blog . .Im back today with something a little different . . Its very clear that diets & health juices have become very popular recently and with the new year just began, more people are jumping on the healthier lifestyle bandwagon .  .
 
 
For every juice you create, you use a lot of fruit & fruit isn't very cheap . .  & from personal experience, consuming so much fruit is not great for your digestive system . . therefore I have rounded up my top 5 healthy ingredients that are money friendly & great for your body, hair, skin, nails & metabolism . .
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
 
The first ingredient is apple cider vinegar . . this is a natural remedy that has been used for many years to help maintain a healthy lifestyle . .
 
The main health benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar are:
 
Supports the digestive systems
 
Used over salads or can be drank straight from the bottle . . I have tried this & found the taste very strong so I just pour some over my salads
 
Can be used to rinse hair to provide a healthy natural shine , remove product build up and help treat itchy flaky scalps
 
It acts as a great toner for everyday use
 
 
2. Lime
 
We all know how important water is but we still never drink enough . .we spend thousands upon thousands a year buying in all the latest skincare products that promise to give us that healthy glow but we never go to our taps & get our water for free. . 
 
I add lime to my water . . my water tastes much nicer & leaves me feeling a lot more fresh . .
 
Limes are a great source of calcium . .  they are an advantage to our gums, eye care, the digestive system and skincare
 
 
3. Lemon
 
Lemons provide our bodies with a natural detox . .it is recommended that we consume citrus fruits on a daily basis . . Lemon can be added to water to give a refreshing boost to our bodies & can also be added to warm water to help remove any toxins within our bodies
 
 
Lemon is also used on the hair during the summer months as the ingredients help to naturally lighten hair & give a natural highlight to the hair
 
You can either use an actual lemon or bottled lemon juice . . At the moment I use bottled lemon juice that I purchased from my local supermarket . . I simply add a few drops to my water each day . .
 
 
4.Summer seeds
 
Im such a fan of seeds & nuts . . recently I've been taking the Summer seeds from Sainsbury's . . I put them in my cereal, salads, soup & sandwiches . .they are a great source of energy & taste great  . . they are a great alternative to diary products as they offer good fats and protein to the diet without leaving you feeling bloated in the way that bread does . .  
 
 
5. Water
 
Last but not least : WATER ! . .  .Water is so important in our diets and we should aim to drink at least 8 glasses a day . . it sounds easy but most of the population are dehydrated because we do not drink enough water . . Recently ive been finding myself drinking a lot more water due to engaging in more exercise . .Ive found that im now craving water over tea, coffee & other sugary drinks .  .
 
 
I hope my top 5 health ingredients will work for you & remember :
 
Apple cider vinegar over salads or a cap full a day
Add lemon and/or lime to your water
Eat a handful of seeds or nuts a day and;
Drink plenty of water !!
 
 
 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment