.

.
"We have more possibilities in each moment than we realize.Choose to step forward and make your dream a reality" - B.Bakken

Saturday 23 November 2013

That 70's fashion


 
At the weekend I went out for a few drinks to a bar in town . . I decided to go casual/dressy because I wasn't going dancing or anything so I decided to cover up my legs and top half with these red very skinny jeans & my new shirt . .
 
I recently got this shirt from TKmaxx & im really loving it . . it reminds me of something from the 70's with its shape and pattern. . theres also something about paisley print that im really fond of at the minute . .
 
In magazines and online there is a lot of patterns going around and some people like to clash prints - im not there yet because I like to have one item the main focus point of my outfit - this is why I choose plain red skinnies ..teamed with nude court heels, nude/cream lace clutch and these earrings from republic. I had these earrings for a good time now and never worn them but I think they look great with this shirt - its a perfect match
 
 
because I was wearing a printed top & bigger earrings - I decided to keep my eye make-up subtle & wore a bright red lip - this lippie is from kate moss' line for rimmel & its in shade 01 - its a real dark red - almost blood red & its very long lasting - it also smells great :-)
 
 
Here's a few tips when wearing printed clothing
 
Get something that is flattering on your shape - don't buy something because its in fashion -  for me I cant wear strips because they make me appear heavier than I actually am
 
When wearing a printed item - try to make it the main focus point by teaming it with more plain items for example plain skinny jeans or if its an accessory team with  a plain coloured top or jacket
 
If its a printed top/jacket try to keep make-up subtle with perhaps a strong lip, if its a printed jean, trouser or skirt match it with a plain top

No comments:

Post a Comment